* According to the figures from the World Bank
Our advertising-based business model aims at providing free energy kits to disadvantaged families. The product is fully recyclable and has a lifespan 5 times longer than that of our competitors.
What are we making?
Our energy kit presents a better solution for people who do not have access to electricity. The kit is based on a new technology called “super/ultracapacitor” which is harmless for the environment and has between 10 to 15-year lifespan. The recycling process is also handled in the life cycle of the product. The product does not rely on chemicals that could contaminate fields and water. Eventually, the kit is resistant to extreme environmental conditions such as high, low temperatures and humidity.
The product can be used to:
- Provide light
- Charge phones
- Power a small computer
Environmental benefitsThe EKFA kit:
- Reduces the use of fire, candles and kerosene lamps (estimated pollution of kerosene lamp: 200kg of CO2 per year). As the kit has a 15 years-lifespan, we can estimate that 3000kg of CO2 emission will be avoided during its lifetime. If 1000 kits are implemented, we are speaking of saving 3million kg/CO2 emissions.
- Will make people stop travelling to cities to charge their phones.
- reduces the risks of fire and inhalation
- Solves within a long term perspective
How does it work?
EKFA kits are financed through advertising. Local entrepreneurs are in charge of assembling and distributing kits to remote families. The remote family receives advertising and news. Thus, the entrepreneur is receiving a regular income and families are getting access to electricity and information.
EKFA has three critical roles in the supply chain:
- Ordering and delivering the equipment to the entrepreneur
- Providing support in case an entrepreneur needs help.
- Selling advertising via EKFA web-platform. Wanna advertise your brand with us?